Re: Frequent Update Project: Design Overview of HOTUpdates

От Zeugswetter Andreas ADI SD
Тема Re: Frequent Update Project: Design Overview of HOTUpdates
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > 2. locking should be easier if only the original heap page is
involved.

> Yes, but multi-page update already happens now, so HOT is not
> different on that point.

I was thinking about the case when you "pull back" a tuple, which seems
to be more
difficult than what we have now.

Andreas

PS: I think it is great that you are doing all this work and explaining
it for us. Thanks.

Сообщение: Re: Frequent Update Project: Design Overview of HOT Updates
Сообщение: Re: Frequent Update Project: Design Overview of HOTUpdates