Re: Frequent Update Project: Design Overview ofHOTUpdates

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Frequent Update Project: Design Overview ofHOTUpdates
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2006-11-10 at 17:00 +0100, Zeugswetter Andreas ADI SD wrote:
> > > 2. locking should be easier if only the original heap page is
> involved.
> >
> > Yes, but multi-page update already happens now, so HOT is not
> > different on that point.
>
> I was thinking about the case when you "pull back" a tuple, which seems
> to be more
> difficult than what we have now.

Well, it sounds like it would be really bad, at least thats what I
thought at first. We tried it anyway and performance shows it aint that
bad.

> PS: I think it is great that you are doing all this work and explaining
> it for us. Thanks.

Thanks for your feedback; I'm certain we'll be able to improve on where
HOT is now with some objective thinking.

--  Simon Riggs              EnterpriseDB   http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: Frequent Update Project: Design Overview of HOTUpdates
Сообщение: Re: Frequent Update Project: Design Overview of