First Install

От Williams, Rodger
Тема First Install
Дата
Re: First Install  (Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk>)
Re: First Install  (<operationsengineer1@yahoo.com>)
Список pgsql-novice
Q1
Is there another way to create the first DB after a fresh install?
I used the createdb executable.
I read that this is a wrapper for executing create database sql command.
If I don't want to use the executable wrapper to create the first DB
after a fresh install, how do I create the first DB without using
pgAdmin? i.e How do I create the first user, first tablespace and first
DB?
I can't login via psql because there is no database to log into after a
fresh install.

Q2
After I installed PostgreSQL 8.0.3, I Logged in via pgAdmin as db user
postgres.
With pgAdmin tool, I created a user, tablespace and database.
Installed a third party software app that uses the newly created
database.
Installation failed.
I edited postgresql.conf (changed listen_adddress) and edited pg_hba
(added trust entry).
Reinstalled software application to use newly created database, which
now works fine.
Database still runs.
I just can't login via pgAdmin anymore.
I get an error "fe_sendauth: no password supplied".
Previously it would give me an opertunity to enter the postgres user
password. Now it does not.

From
Rodger