Re: First Install

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: First Install
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 14:52 +0200, Williams, Rodger wrote:
> Q1

already answered

> Q2
> After I installed PostgreSQL 8.0.3, I Logged in via pgAdmin as db user
> postgres.
> With pgAdmin tool, I created a user, tablespace and database.
> Installed a third party software app that uses the newly created
> database.
> Installation failed.
> I edited postgresql.conf (changed listen_adddress) and edited pg_hba
> (added trust entry).
> Reinstalled software application to use newly created database, which
> now works fine.
> Database still runs.
> I just can't login via pgAdmin anymore.
> I get an error "fe_sendauth: no password supplied".
> Previously it would give me an opertunity to enter the postgres user
> password. Now it does not.

Show us your pg_hba.conf.

You should also say what parameters you are using to connect in PgAdmin
and in your new application (user, hostname, database).

The best solution is probably to restore pg_hba.conf as it was and then
add a database-specific line for the new application.

   Do you want to know God?   http://www.lfix.co.uk/knowing_god.html