Re: Hot Standby tuning for btree_xlog_vacuum()

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Hot Standby tuning for btree_xlog_vacuum()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Apr 29, 2010, at 3:20 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Objections to commit?
>
> This is not the time to be hacking stuff like this.  You haven't even
> demonstrated that there's a significant performance issue here.

I tend to agree that this point of the cycle isn't a good one to be making changes, but your performance statement
confusesme. If a fairly small patch means we can avoid un-necessary reads why shouldn't we avoid them?
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect                   jim@nasby.net