Re: GUCs that need restart

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: GUCs that need restart
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On May 4, 2010, at 3:48 PM, Gurjeet Singh wrote:
> There are quite a few GUC parameters that need restart. Is there a way we can avoid some of them needing restart? I
amspecifically looking at archive_mode and the new wal_level.

For archive_mode you should check the archives; where was discussion on exactly why we can only enable archiving on
restart.That GUC was added specifically so that archive_command didn't require a restart.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect                   jim@nasby.net

От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: including PID or backend ID in relpath of temp rels
От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: Hot Standby tuning for btree_xlog_vacuum()