RE: MySQL to PostgreSQL converter?

От Stephen Froehlich
Тема RE: MySQL to PostgreSQL converter?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

Thanks for all of the suggestions … I should also note that because its going into AWS, the relevant integrator in our IT department suggested the AWS Database Migration Service, which is actually where I’m starting.

I got a private suggestion for pgloader, which will be the second option I try if the database migration service doesn’t work out.

Also, our integrator likes DataGrip as a commercial tool to move between databases.

--Stephen

From: Stephen Froehlich <s.froehlich@cablelabs.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2019 10:48
To: pgsql-novice@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: MySQL to PostgreSQL converter?

Hi all,

I was excited/relieved to see that AWS is now (finally) offering a PostgreSQL aurora serverless service … I have been using MySQL serverless for a given project but am quite frustrated with the immaturity of the RMySQL package compared to RPostgres and a number of issues it causes, so I would like to convert the database over (which is a non-live analysis database, so I can do a dump, convert, and restore with relative ease).

What tools do you like for this kind of conversion?

Thanks,

Stephen

Stephen Froehlich
Sr. Strategist, CableLabs®