[ODBC] psqlODBC on OSX problems

От Jonathan Byrd
Тема [ODBC] psqlODBC on OSX problems
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

disclaimer: Mac is not my primary develop env.

Env. iMac OSX Sierra latest patches as of 2017-04-01

Background: I need to connect the app Stata via ODBC to the Postgres 9.5.6 instance (EnterpriseDB build/installer).

A few versions ago Mac stopped shipping their native ODBC manager so I installed iODBC Manager (via iODBC.org)

I got a DSN created and successfully talking to the DB but Stata wouldn't recognize it.

Assuming something was corrupted or permissions weren't correct I uninstalled iODBC and removed some files in various directories to start fresh.

I reinstalled iODBC, I can see the drivers, but when I try to add a dsn or go to the "Configure Drivers" tab and simply click "OK" on closing I get a "General Installer Error".

Now I am thinking I must have removed some file/dir that was necessary I didn't know about. Does anyone have any insight on what I need to do to get it back to a "good state"?

Thanks,

Jonathan