Re: Pgbouncer pool_mode and application behavior

От Scott Ribe
Тема Re: Pgbouncer pool_mode and application behavior
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> On Jun 13, 2022, at 8:04 AM, Kristjan Mustkivi <sonicmonkey@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Am I correct to guess, that pgbouncer in this case in
> pool_mode=session does not help at all and in order to improve
> throughput, server engineers really must implement support for
> transaction mode that pgbouncer provides?

You are correct that session mode will not solve the problem you described. There are 3 possibilities:

- as you mentioned, changed clients to be compatible with pgbouncer transaction pooling

- increase pg max_connections

- increase timeouts, use retries, etc so that the servers are more resilient to being temporarily denied connections