Re: [PERFORM] Backup taking long time !!!

От Vladimir Borodin
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Backup taking long time !!!
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

20 янв. 2017 г., в 15:22, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> написал(а):

This process can be automatized by some applications like barman
http://www.pgbarman.org/

Last I checked, barman is still single-threaded.

If the database is large enough that you need multi-process backup, I'd
suggest looking at pgbackrest- http://www.pgbackrest.org.

pgbackrest has parallel backup, incremental/differential/full backup
support, supports compression, CRC checking, and a whole ton of other
good stuff.

Increments in pgbackrest are done on file level which is not really efficient. We have done parallelism, compression and page-level increments (9.3+) in barman fork [1], but unfortunately guys from 2ndquadrant-it don’t hurry to work on it.

And actually it would be much better to do a good backup and recovery manager part of the core postgres.

--
May the force be with you…

Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Backup taking long time !!!
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Backup taking long time !!!