Bug? change from 8.0 to 8.2rc1 in checking default expressions

От Mischa Sandberg
Тема Bug? change from 8.0 to 8.2rc1 in checking default expressions
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Did I miss this in the README? This is not so much a bug as a migration
requirement:

=20

Some old schemas relied on a stupid construct for creating sequences
(hey, we all have cruft), using a table rather than a sequence to create
a sequence shared by multiple tables.=20

=20

Pg_dump output contains:

=20

CREATE TABLE cfg_list(...

   Change_id integer DEFAULT nextval('cfg_change_id_seq') NOT NULL);

=20

... followed by ...

=20

CREATE TABLE cfg_change(id SERIAL, ...)

=20

This worked okay in 8.0. I guess 8.2 is doing something a bit tighter,
but when I try to reload dumps such as the above, I get:

=20

ERROR: relation "cfg_change_id_seq" does not exist=20

=20

... on the first CREATE TABLE stmt.

=20