Can't reinstall b/c don't know the very long installation password

От LaRue, Patricia
Тема Can't reinstall b/c don't know the very long installation password
Дата
Re: Can't reinstall b/c don't know the very long installation password  (Jeff Frost <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>)
Список pgsql-admin

Experts:

I installed PostgreSQL and created the initial “very long” password and wrote it down.  Someone else did something to change it and now neither one of us can log into the DB.  So I tried to uninstall and reinstall but my “very long” password is not recognized and without it I cannot complete the installation.  I even tried removing all PostgreSQL stuff from the registry.  Does anyone know how I can blow away wherever that password is located and start fresh?

Thank you,

Patricia

Patricia D. LaRue

Sr. Software Engineer, Avocent Corporation

(256) 864-2275 ext. 6543

patricia.larue@avocent.com