Re: [hypothetical product] support of PostgreSQL

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: [hypothetical product] support of PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Jul 29, 2013, at 1:44 PM, Merlin Moncure wrote:

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 11:40 AM,  <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
People,

We just got a post to pgsql-announce like this:

[SnakeOil] is planning to add support of PostgreSQL to the [SnakeOil] Engine
product, and could use the help and expertise of people within the Postgres
community to ensure that we are building a product that works well for
Postgres environments.

If I was responding to SnakeOil CEO, here's what I would say:

ISTM the right place for this is postgresql.org "latest news" section.
 this gets you on the .rss feed and seems to have a long established
history for 3rd party tie-ins.  -announce is for internal project
announcements.

This would not be approved for .org based on http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NewsEventsApproval#Proprietary_.26_External_OSS_Project_News - it's not a product release, it's a call for help.  Once the product is actually released, the likelihood of being approved for .org is significantly greater.

Jonathan

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: