RE: Odd Shortcut behaviour in PG14

От Zahir Lalani
Тема RE: Odd Shortcut behaviour in PG14
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Thank you for the detailed explanation Tom - much appreciated.

So our assumption was made as it worked for so long - ok - so we have learnt not to do that again....

>         IF ekey > 0 THEN
>             RETURN QUERY query-with-decryption;
>         ELSE
>             RETURN QUERY query-without-decryption;
>         END IF;

This is indeed what we have done - we were trying to keep code maintenance down as the above requires updates in two
placesrather than 1 - but better that than a broken system!

> I also wonder why you don't make crypto_secretbox_open a bit more robust -
> -- at the very least mark it strict (RETURNS NULL ON NULL INPUT).

This is a third party plugin (pgsodium).

Thank you to this group for your expertise!