Re: Can user specification of a column value be required when querying a view ?

От Peter J. Holzer
Тема Re: Can user specification of a column value be required when querying a view ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2023-11-24 13:06:45 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 24, 2023 at 1:01 PM Peter J. Holzer <hjp-pgsql@hjp.at> wrote:
>     On 2023-11-20 22:03:06 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
>     > Or row level security.
>
>     Does that help here? AIUI row level security can be used to limit access
>     to specific rows (e.g. user alex can access info about ssn '106-91-9930'
>     but not '234-56-7890') but not how many rows can be accessed in a single
>     query.
>

> I don't think OP indicated that ssn in a unique key.

No he didn't, but that's IMHO not relevant to the possibility of using
row level security. If a row level security allows a user to select a
row, that row can be selected by any query, including «select * from t».
I don't see a way to use RLS to ensure that a query can only return a
sufficiently small subset of the total rows a user has access to.
How would you do that?

        hp

Вложения