RE: Multi-master replication

От Zahir Lalani
Тема RE: Multi-master replication
Дата
Re: Multi-master replication  (Vijaykumar Jain <vijaykumarjain.github@gmail.com>)
RE: Multi-master replication  (Laura Smith <n5d9xq3ti233xiyif2vp@protonmail.ch>)
Список pgsql-general
Confidential

Thx Laura

So here is the dilemma - everything in the cloud world tends toward horizontal scaling. We do that with PG using single
masterand multiple slaves. But we are write heavy and of course the load on the master is quite high. It does seem that
multi-masterhas risks (everyone seems to talk about conflict resolution!) so I wonder whether the sensible route is
simplyto scale vertically on the master?

We are looking at pg_pool II to manage the current config - which I suppose will help with the connection pooling etc.
Buteven it lends caution to the multi-master route for write heavy applications.