Re: Multi-master replication

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Multi-master replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Aug 13, 2021 at 11:35:29AM +0000, Zahir Lalani wrote:
> Confidential
>
> Thx Laura
>
> So here is the dilemma - everything in the cloud world tends toward horizontal scaling. We do that with PG using
singlemaster and multiple slaves. But we are write heavy and of course the load on the master is quite high. It does
seemthat multi-master has risks (everyone seems to talk about conflict resolution!) so I wonder whether the sensible
routeis simply to scale vertically on the master?

> We are looking at pg_pool II to manage the current config - which I suppose will help with the connection pooling
etc.But even it lends caution to the multi-master route for write heavy applications.

You might want to read this:

    https://momjian.us/main/blogs/pgblog/2018.html#December_24_2018