forcing table ownership

От Darin Perusich
Тема forcing table ownership
Дата
Re: forcing table ownership
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I'm pretty much brand new to using postgres and the privilege structure
is taking some getting used to, especially when coming from mysql. What
I'm trying to accomplish is to have multiple users/roles connect to a
database and have ALL privileges to do whatever they want. The problem
I'm running into is that is user1 creates table1 nobody else has
permissions to it since they are not the table owner. How can I
accomplish this?

What I want to do is create a database group with ALL privs on a
database, assign X number of users to it, and allow them to have their
way with the database. I've done this but the behavior is the same as
mentioned above, nobody other than the table owner can access the
tables.

Postgres 8.4.7 on OpenSUSE 11.3
- Users are authenticating against LDAP
- User are being created with "createuser -S -D -R user#"
- Group creation "CREATE GROUP grp1;"
- Added users to group with "ALTER GROUP grp1 ADD USER user1, user2:"
- Grant DB priv's "GRANT ALL ON database1 TO GROUP grp1;"

Thanks!
--
Darin Perusich
Email: Darin.Perusich@ctg.com

it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
intended recipient is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message, please contact the sender and delete this material from this computer.