Re: Understanding streaming replication

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: Understanding streaming replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Philippe Amelant wrote:
> I'm setting up a 3 nodes cluster and after some tests
> I just discover that the cascading slave does not recover.

Right, switching timeline over streaming replication
is not supported yet.  There's a patch by Heikki in
the pipeline for this, so it will probably work in 9.3.

> As far as I can see in the 9.2 documentation it should work after
> an automatic reconnect to the new master.

Where did you see that?

> Is there any chance to get this fixed in 9.2.x ?

No.  It is a new feature, and those aren't backpatched.

> In case of disaster on master and on standby, can I just restart the
> cascading slave
> after removing recovery.conf ?

The correct way it to "pg_ctl promote".

> Would it  be better to copy all archives log from the master in pg_xlog
> on the third node
> and then restart it ?
> What is the best way to get back this node with minimal loss?

You can copy the archives, then wait until replication has
caught up, then promote the standby.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe