Re: Understanding streaming replication

От Philippe Amelant
Тема Re: Understanding streaming replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello all,
I read this thread with interest but I still have some questions
about cascading replication as you describe it.

Le 12/11/2012 10:36, Albe Laurenz a écrit :
> I'll try to answer the questions I can.
>

>> 3. Recovery. That part is a bit confusing. The majority of the documentation says that in this case,
>> the node should be re-loaded from the base backup, obtained from the master. I'm not sure why this is
>> necessary, if there are enough archived WALs.
> Because of the new time line; streaming replication cannot
> (yet) recover across a time line change.

I'm setting up a 3 nodes cluster and after some tests
I just discover that the cascading slave does not recover.

As far as I can see in the 9.2 documentation it should work after
an automatic reconnect to the new master.

Is there any chance to get this fixed in 9.2.x ?

In case of disaster on master and on standby, can I just restart the
cascading slave
after removing recovery.conf ?
Would it  be better to copy all archives log from the master in pg_xlog
on the third node
and then restart it ?

What is the best way to get back this node with minimal loss?

Thanks for your advice

Regards