Re: Database in psql

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: Database in psql
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
teyking2003 wrote:
> We might not consider upgrade our existing psql 8.2.5 to the latest
one
> because of this psql version is bundle with our web application. and
the
> whole system design by the vendor. we only can perform maintenance
steps to
> that database, scare any side effect to our web application.

If your vendor does not support anything later than 8.2,
you should change vendor (and product), if you can.

Is there no later version of the product that supports
a supported version of PostgreSQL?

> any place to check the autovacuum schedule in our existing system?

I am not sure what you mean -- if enabled, autovacuum is scheduled
according to the parameters mentioned in
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/routine-vacuuming.html#AUTOVAC
UUM

If you want to know when a table was last vacuumed, there's
the catalog table pg_stat_all_tables.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe