Re: Regarding parallel running of 9.1 and 9.2beta2

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: Regarding parallel running of 9.1 and 9.2beta2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Atri Sharma wrote:
> I am running PostgreSQL 9.1 currently and I want to run 9.2beta2
> simultaneously with it.Is it possible?
>
> I downloaded the 9.2beta2 sources,untared them and ran
> ./configure,make and make install without uninstalling 9.1.
>
> Now,when I am running pg_ctl start,I am getting the following error:
>
>  pg_ctl start
> server starting
> gitc@ubuntu:~/Downloads$ FATAL:  database files are incompatible with
server
> DETAIL:  The data directory was initialized by PostgreSQL version 9.1,
> which is not compatible with this version 9.2beta2.
>
> Please help me.What should I be doing to recover from this error and
> get back to 9.1?

Did you overwrite your 9.1 installation (i.e. --prefix was the same
for both installations)?

If yes, then rebuild and reinstall 9.1, and everything should work.

If you did not overwrite 9.1, simply use the 9.1 binaries to start
the server.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Сообщение: Re: Regarding parallel running of 9.1 and 9.2beta2
Сообщение: Re: Regarding parallel running of 9.1 and 9.2beta2