Re: float formating with xx.00

От Dann Corbit
Тема Re: float formating with xx.00
Дата
Список pgsql-general
connxdatasync=# create table test (foo float);
CREATE
connxdatasync=# insert into test values(1.0);
INSERT 29128 1
connxdatasync=# insert into test values(2.25);
INSERT 29129 1
connxdatasync=# insert into test values(1.27);
INSERT 29130 1
connxdatasync=# insert into test values(1.1);
INSERT 29131 1
connxdatasync=# select * from test;
 foo
------
    1
 2.25
 1.27
  1.1
(4 rows)

connxdatasync=# select foo::numeric(12,2) from test;
 ?column?
     1.00
     2.25
     1.27
     1.10
(4 rows)

But don't do it.  You'll be sorry.  You really, really, really want to
store money as a numeric type.  Otherwise, you might find some surprises
when columns almost never add up exactly.

IMO-YMMV