Re: float formating with xx.00

От Mark
Тема Re: float formating with xx.00
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On July 3, 2003 19:26 pm, Dann Corbit wrote:
> connxdatasync=# create table test (foo float);
> CREATE
> connxdatasync=# insert into test values(1.0);
> INSERT 29128 1
> connxdatasync=# insert into test values(2.25);
> INSERT 29129 1
> connxdatasync=# insert into test values(1.27);
> INSERT 29130 1
> connxdatasync=# insert into test values(1.1);
> INSERT 29131 1
> connxdatasync=# select * from test;
>  foo
> ------
>     1
>  2.25
>  1.27
>   1.1
> (4 rows)
>
> connxdatasync=# select foo::numeric(12,2) from test;
>  ?column?
> ----------
>      1.00
>      2.25
>      1.27
>      1.10
> (4 rows)
>
> But don't do it.  You'll be sorry.  You really, really, really want to
> store money as a numeric type.  Otherwise, you might find some surprises
> when columns almost never add up exactly.
>
> IMO-YMMV

Thanks... but will a numeric data type for money display the same output as
the input? Ex.: I enter, 19.1  will it show 19.10  or 19.1 ? Because your
select example above is making a "199" value appear like "199.00" and many
user wont appreciate this... for commercial reasons.

Best regards,
--
Mark

Сообщение: Re: float formating with xx.00
Сообщение: Re: float formating with xx.00