Re: Open 7.3 items

От Dann Corbit
Тема Re: Open 7.3 items
Дата
Re: Open 7.3 items
Список pgsql-hackers
I have discussed the idea of contributing our Win32 work to the
PostgreSQL project with management.

We have also converted all of the utilities (initdb, psql, pg_dump,
pg_restore, pg_id, pg_passwd, etc.)

Management is (rightfully) concerned about recouping the many thousands
of dollars invested in the Win32 conversion.

I pointed out that future versions would contain our enhancements and
therefore benefit us directly.

I pointed out that maintenance is 80% of the cost of a software system
and a world-wide team of good programmers would be maintaining the code
for all to benefit.

And last but not least, good computer Kharma.
;-)

They will have to cogitate over it a bit, I think.  If they agree, I
will make a file with our source tree available on an ftp site.