Re: Problem with pgadmin II and psql

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Problem with pgadmin II and psql
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

pgAdmin will quote the identifiers in case you use mixed case (1.3.60
will only quote them if required), psql will not. So, if you create a
table called MyTable in pgAdmin, from psql you must manually quote:

SELECT * FROM "MyTable"

The easiest option is to use lowercase names with no special characters
other than _ in them.

> it's accessible
> in PgAdmin but not modifiable (I can't change the column name
> or drop the column).

You can rename columns by selecting the Column properties from the
treeview, *not* in the Table properties.

PostgreSQL cannot yet drop columns, hence neither can pgAdmin.

> When I create a table or a column with
> PGAdmin, I must always use the quoted delimiters to access it
> the table and the columns.
>
> I don't find an option who can be changed to say to PgAdmin
> that it don't use the double-quote.

If you use mixed case names, they *must* be quoted. Stick to lower case
and you can lose the quotes.

Regards, Dave.

Сообщение: Re: Problem with pgadmin II and psql
Сообщение: Re: Problem with pgadmin II and psql