Re: werid error"index row size 3040 exceeds btree maximum, 2712" occur randomly

От Huang, Suya
Тема Re: werid error"index row size 3040 exceeds btree maximum, 2712" occur randomly
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Tomas!

I'll spend some time on the link you sent, new learner of Postgres :-)

Thanks,
Suya

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Tomas Vondra
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 9:06 AM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] werid error"index row size 3040 exceeds btree maximum, 2712" occur randomly

On 15.10.2013 03:44, Huang, Suya wrote:
> Thanks Tomas!
>
> However, in the example I sent,  I already did a vacuum full right
> after deleted the rows causing problem, before created the index and
> got an error even the table is vacuumed. Note, the table is I
> temporarily created using create table as select *... so no other
> people is accessing that table, except me for the testing purpose.
>
> Any ideas? And today, while I did the same thing, I can create index
> on the table right after I deleted the rows causing problem, without
> vacuum.
>
> Anything I missed here?

Not sure. The only thing I can think of is another transaction preventing the autovacuum from removing the rows, but I
can'treproduce it. What PostgreSQL version are you using?

BTW take a look at this contrib module:

   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/pageinspect.html

It allows looking directly on items on a data page like this:

   select * from heap_page_items(get_raw_page('test', 0));

Maybe that'll help you identify the problem.

Tomas