audit table containing Select statements submitted

От Hogan, James F. Jr.
Тема audit table containing Select statements submitted
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Can anyone point me in a direction that may help me populate in real
time a table that holds?

Current_user
Timestamp
"The Select Statement Submitted by the User"

I would like to easily determine who viewed what and when they viewed
it.

I have considered the fact that the result from SELECT yesterday may be
different than the result set returned by the SAME SELECT statement
today, but when used in conjunction with the INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE
audit logging I have already created, the answers to who viewed, what
and when would be readily available.

I have been searching all morning and...

The only thing I find on logging of Select statements is that the
information can be held in the Log Files...if Logging is enabled.

As I am only interested in the statements presented against certain
tables...

Turning on logging gives me more than I need or care to look through.

I could write a script to parses the Log Files into a Database Table but
would prefer to avoid enabling the file logging of statements if
possible.

Thanks for any reference or help you may be able to provide.

Jim