R: problem creating user

От Martinelli Paolo A.
Тема R: problem creating user
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
With "createuser bruce" you have created a user in the PostgreSQL environment while using the bash command "su - bruce"
youare switching user in the SO (i.e. Linux) environment.

You can solve your problem either using bash the command "adduser bruce" to create the same user also in the OS or
connectingto PostgreSQL using "psql -d DBName -U UserName".

Bye,

Paolo
________________________________

Da: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org per conto di kandiah ratnavale
Inviato: lun 1/12/2004 09:27
A: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Oggetto: [ADMIN] problem creating user

VERY, VERY  URGENT!!

Below is a transcript of an attempt to create a user, which I trust
will be self explanatory.

Who do you think I should go to discuss this problem?

Is there a users' group in which I can post this problem for discussion?

Please help me?

-bash-2.05b$ createuser bruce
Shall the new user be allowed to create databases? (y/n) y
Shall the new user be allowed to create more new users? (y/n) y
CREATE USER
-bash-2.05b$ psql -d movies

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help on internal slash commands
       \q to quit

movies=# /q
movies-# \q
-bash-2.05b$ whoami
postgres
-bash-2.05b$ su - bruce
su: user bruce does not exist
-bash-2.05b$ createuser bruce
Shall the new user be allowed to create databases? (y/n)
Shall the new user be allowed to create more new users? (y/n) y
ERROR:  CREATE USER: user name "bruce" already exists
createuser: creation of user "bruce" failed
-bash-2.05b$ su - bruce
su: user bruce does not exist
-bash-2.05b$ whoami
postgres
-bash-2.05b$

could you please tell me what is wrong here?
how would i change to user bruce?

is this a bug or am i doing something wrong?

looking forward to your comments and help,

If you cannot help me, please indicate where else I can go?

ratnavale