Re: numeric precision when raising one numeric to another.

От Dann Corbit
Тема Re: numeric precision when raising one numeric to another.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At CONNX, we just do 100 digits using qfloat (about 104 actually).
Internally, all math is done using this type.  Then we convert to the
smaller types [or character types] as requested.

I don't think that there is any business need for more than that.

A package like Maple might need to worry about it, or a theoretical
mathematician looking for patterns in digits or something like that.

But you can't please everybody.

http://svana.org/kleptog/
> > Patent. n. Genius is 5% inspiration and 95% perspiration. A patent
is a
> > tool for doing 5% of the work and then sitting around waiting for
> someone
> > else to do the other 95% so you can sue them.

Сообщение: Re: 8.0.3 build error on Mac OS X 10.4
Сообщение: Re: 8.0.3 build error on Mac OS X 10.4