Re: 8.0.3 build error on Mac OS X 10.4

От OpenMacNews
Тема Re: 8.0.3 build error on Mac OS X 10.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> OpenMacNews <OpenMacNews@speakeasy.net> writes:
>>> The short answer seems to be "when you update to 10.4, don't forget to
>>> update to Xcode 2 as well".
>
>> does it make sense to have configure check for min req'ts of xcode2 if os >=
>> v10.4?
>
> No, I don't think so.  There is such an astonishing variety of ways to
> break your system, on so many different platforms, that we cannot hope
> to check them all.  If this failure were Postgres-specific then yes,

true enuf in general ...

but _this_ proposed check would really be just a 'did you do a complete OS
install (including XCode 2)?' check, rather than any one particular 'widget'
etc.

have no idea HOW to check for XCode2 install other than looking in
/Library/Receipts ...

then again, a comment i the INSTALL/README would/should go just as far!

> but the previous report is that it breaks lots of things.

all in all, it's been relatively well behaved for me so far ... <keeping
fingers crossed!>

cheers,

richard

Сообщение: Re: numeric precision when raising one numeric to another.
Сообщение: Re: numeric precision when raising one numeric to another.