Re: Selecting a constant question

От Dann Corbit
Тема Re: Selecting a constant question
Дата
Re: Selecting a constant question  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/libpq-exec.html#LIBPQ-EXE
> C-
> > SELECT-INFO
> >
> > > The size of the column is returned as 65534  (or -2 if you
consider
> this
> > > a signed short value)
> >
> > It's variable length, you can't say anything more.
>
> So what you are saying is that the constant '1' is variable length,
and
> there is no way to find out the maximum length from the database.

I have a PostgreSQL feature request:

Report the maximum size of a variable length string from the server.

Surely, we cannot be the only people who will need this information.  If
(for example) someone wants to bind to a grid, then the maximum size has
to be known in advance.

Сообщение: Re: Selecting a constant question
Сообщение: Re: Selecting a constant question