Postgres 7.3 in PPC

От Catarina Monica
Тема Postgres 7.3 in PPC
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,
My name is Catarina Mónica, and I trying to install PostgreSQL 7.3 in a
PPC860 processor and I not being sucessfull in the instalations.
I followed all the instructions given by you but the problem is when I do
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
I always get a message like this
The program
    '/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres'
needed by initdb does not belong to PostgreSQL version 7.3, or
there may be a configuration problem.
Do you know how to help me?
In the ./configure options I had to put --without-readline and
--without-zlib, othersive in the same step (/usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb -D
/usr/local/pgsql/data) I always get
Segmentation fault
maybe the libraries I have aren't compiled in a good way for ppc.
can you tell me something about this , also??
Thanks in advance
Best regards
Catarina

Catarina Mónica