Обсуждение: Postgres 7.3 in PPC

Postgres 7.3 in PPC

От
Catarina Monica
Дата:
Hi,
My name is Catarina Mónica, and I trying to install PostgreSQL 7.3 in a
PPC860 processor and I not being sucessfull in the instalations.
I followed all the instructions given by you but the problem is when I do
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
I always get a message like this
The program
    '/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres'
needed by initdb does not belong to PostgreSQL version 7.3, or
there may be a configuration problem.
Do you know how to help me?
In the ./configure options I had to put --without-readline and
--without-zlib, othersive in the same step (/usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb -D
/usr/local/pgsql/data) I always get
Segmentation fault
maybe the libraries I have aren't compiled in a good way for ppc.
can you tell me something about this , also??
Thanks in advance
Best regards
Catarina

Catarina Mónica
*Telef:  +351 234 403 626
Fax: +351 234 403 552
* : catarina-s-monica@ptinovacao.pt

Re: Postgres 7.3 in PPC

Дата:
Catarina Monica <catarina-s-monica@ptinovacao.pt> writes:
> My name is Catarina M�nica, and I trying to install PostgreSQL 7.3 in a
> PPC860 processor and I not being sucessfull in the instalations.

What OS (and what version) are you running on that?

> I always get a message like this
> The program
>     '/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres'
> needed by initdb does not belong to PostgreSQL version 7.3, or
> there may be a configuration problem.

What do you see when you do
    /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres --version
by hand?