Re: Record with a field consisting of table rows

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: Record with a field consisting of table rows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 13 Jan 2011, at 20:21, Pavel Stehule wrote:

>> I'm not sure what you mean here, Postgres certainly _does_ support set-returning functions. Maybe you were referring
tosomething in the particular context of the problem the OP is trying to solve?

> The name of feature "SET RETURNED FUNC" doesn't mean so PostgreSQL
> supports SET type in ANSI SQL sense.

I think this is getting off topic, but I don't understand what you're trying to say here. That's probably partially due
toyour odd usage of the word "so" - I think you mean to use it as "that" (which it doesn't mean), and not as "because"
(whichits meaning is much closer to).
You might also want to elaborate a bit more so that people have enough context to work around your grammar ;)

Anyway, are you saying:
1. PostgreSQL doesn't support SRF's (It does though)? Or that,
2. ANSI SQL doesn't support SRF's? Or that
3. PostgreSQL's implementation of SRF's is not compatible with the ANSI SQL definition?

Or something entirely different?

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,4d2f54ac11871133719602!

Сообщение: Re: Record with a field consisting of table rows
Сообщение: Re: Record with a field consisting of table rows