Re: Record with a field consisting of table rows

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Record with a field consisting of table rows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
2011/1/13 Alban Hertroys <dalroi@solfertje.student.utwente.nl>:
> On 13 Jan 2011, at 19:25, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>
>>> The above does work, thanks.  There is however one drawback: the type
>>> associated with _page.users is now an array.  Is there a way to make
>>> it a 'SETOF user_t'?
>>>

>> no. PostgreSQL doesn't supports SET. Only arrays are supported.
>

> I'm not sure what you mean here, Postgres certainly _does_ support set-returning functions. Maybe you were referring
tosomething in the particular context of the problem the OP is trying to solve?

The name of feature "SET RETURNED FUNC" doesn't mean so PostgreSQL
supports SET type in ANSI SQL sense.

Regards

Pavel Stehule

От: Alban Hertroys
Сообщение: Re: Record with a field consisting of table rows
От: Alban Hertroys
Сообщение: Re: Record with a field consisting of table rows