Re: HELP HELP HELP !!!!

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: HELP HELP HELP !!!!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mar 22, 2005, at 5:52 AM, sharma;G.S. wrote:

> can any body tell me how can i insert a french character in a table of
> postgre.
>
> i have made a data base by setting  UNICODE encoding.
>
> create table a (b char(255));
> I unable to set any french character in the table.....
> what should i do...
> any help will be highly appericiated..
> Thanx in Advance..

It should work just by ensuring that you have the client side encoding
set correctly. In psql, you can use something like:

\encoding UNICODE

If you still can't find a solution, create a simple example in psql and
post your output so we can see the problem.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL