Re: Old revised version, and a new one

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: Old revised version, and a new one
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Friday, November 14, 2003, at 05:48 AM, Dave Page wrote:

> The left bar and center sections just look wrong (aside from the fact
> that some of the text doesn't even display in IE6).

Could you be more specific? I don't have access to IE6, so I don't know
what you're (not) seeing. Even if this particular design doesn't work
for you, I definitely want to know about potential problems in IE6 so I
can learn to work around them in others. (I did forget to add the words
"Submit News" in the News heading—it's just an empty <a> tag right now.)

>  I also think the sidebars need to line up with the natural columns
> created by the ads, otherwise the whole layout looks off-balance.

I agree. It's one of the things I used as a design constraint on the
other design. On the other hand, in another thread,

On Thursday, November 13, 2003, at 01:09 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Andreas Grabm?ller wrote:
>> Well, I like the boxes on the sides, however I'm not happy with
>> making it fixed-width again...
>
> Agreed.

And I was running into problems with column width with words not
fitting into the 120px columns defined by the ads. I do think 120px is
a little narrow, making it harder to read longer descriptions (due to
line breaks) or even using longer words in some cases. What are your
thoughts on increasing the left and right borders on the ads to make
the columns wider?

Michael

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: