RE: ???solution??? --> can't run pg_dump in sh script usi ng crontab

От Kogotkov, Vyacheslav
Тема RE: ???solution??? --> can't run pg_dump in sh script usi ng crontab
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
  Thanks a lot for your help !

  Regards,
  Slava

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Huber [mailto:schweinsaug@crosswinds.net]
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2001 6:30 PM
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: RE: [ADMIN] ???solution??? --> can't run pg_dump in sh script
usi ng crontab

>"/opt/postgresql/bin/pg_dump: error in loading shared libraries:
>libpq.so.2.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

ah, that explains much.

>"You can just put the postgresql lib directory in /etc/ld.so.conf and run
>ldconfig."

Yes, that's it

>    But I have a question: is this solution enough for successful pg_dump
>or I have to do something else to exclude failure ?

Maybe, as I stated before, you might needt to allow root to access the
databases or to run your pg_dump-script as
   su - oracle -c 'pg_dump <dbname>'

If your database user (oracle) has PG_LIB (I don't remember the variable
exactly, but it's something like that, take a look at the INSTALL file in
the postgresql-source tree) set, then you don't even need ldconfig.

Stefan