Re: Writing data to a text file based on a trigger event...

От François Beausoleil
Тема Re: Writing data to a text file based on a trigger event...
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Le jeudi 12 avril 2012 à 06:58, raghupradeep a écrit :

> What I need to know is it possible to write a trigger which will write the
> data of the row whose status column gets updated to a text file?

I would advise simply INSERTing the old values into a new table. This would be more flexible in the end, as you could
exportto a file, or run queries, or whatever.

The trigger would be an ON UPDATE, and very similar to the auditing trigger at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/plpgsql-trigger.html#PLPGSQL-TRIGGER-AUDIT-EXAMPLE

Welcome to PostgreSQL! Hope that helps!
François