Writing data to a text file based on a trigger event...

От raghupradeep
Тема Writing data to a text file based on a trigger event...
Дата
Re: Writing data to a text file based on a trigger event...
Список pgsql-general
Hi ,

I am basically a MySQL DBA and have little idea on PostgreSQL. In our
environment we have an application which is using PostgreSQL as its back
end. The application logs the status of the jobs running in it to a table in
this database i.e when a job starts it inserts a new row to this table and
it keeps on updating the column `status` based on the status of the job
running. So the requirement that we have is I need to capture certain status
values and based on it need to through alert to our centralized monitoring
system.

What I need to know is it possible to write a trigger which will write the
data of the row whose status column gets updated to a text file?

Thanks & Regards
Raghupradeep