PostgreSQL server not starting.

От Vishnu S.
Тема PostgreSQL server not starting.
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi,

I have uninstalled the PostgreSQL 8.4 and removed the related directories from the system. Again I have installed the PostgreSQL 8.4 on the same folder. Now the PostgreSQL server is not starting. When I tried to start the postgreSQL service from the Windows Service manager, the following message is shown.

The PostgreSQL Server 8.4 service on Local Computer started and then stopped.  Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service”.

Host :- localhost

Port :- 5432

Database :- postgres

Thanks & Regards,