Tablespace issue

От Vishnu S.
Тема Tablespace issue
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi,

I have  a PostgreSQL 8.4 database running on local machine IP and port 5432 ( The default PostgreSQL server is stopped manually). I have also created a tablespace in another drive  and some tables in it.

The tablespace is created using CREATE TABLESPACE query.  Some of the tables contain bytea field. The table updating in every second. About  2 MB data is inserted into the tables every second.

Issue is that after a 20 – 30 days continuous run, it is observed that the tables created on the tablespace are not accessible via pgAdmin. This was because some  files are missing from the tablespace directory.  When ever we looked into the tablespace folder, the PG_VERSION file was not present there. Also some of the files are missing from the \16384 folder of the tablespace.

How this is happened. No antivirus software is installed in the system. No hardware failure.

I have an application that inserts bulk data into the tables in the tablespace usually in 1 hour interval. Is there any issue if a transaction is failed. In such a case is there any possibility to delete the tablespace?

The same application also deletes the contents of the tables in the tablspace after 10 days. The deletion is done using  DELETE FROM query. Is there any possibility that the tablespace get deleted?

The connection to the database tables that are created in the default tablespace are working fine.  How this is happened.   Can anyone tell me how the tablespace  files are deleted? What is the reason for it? How can I recover my files back? How will we ensure no data loss using PostgreSQL tablespace?

Thanks & Regards,

Vishnu S

***** Confidentiality Statement/Disclaimer *****

This message and any attachments is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient. It may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized use, dissemination or modification is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately then delete it from all your systems, and do not copy, use or print. Internet communications are not secure and it is the responsibility of the recipient to make sure that it is virus/malicious code exempt.
The company/sender cannot be responsible for any unauthorized alterations or modifications made to the contents. If you require any form of confirmation of the contents, please contact the company/sender. The company/sender is not liable for any errors or omissions in the content of this message.