RE: [EXT EMAIL] Re: First Time Starting Up PostgreSQL and HavingProblems

От Brent Bates
Тема RE: [EXT EMAIL] Re: First Time Starting Up PostgreSQL and HavingProblems
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I tried putting the pg_hba.conf back to stock defaults and that didn't help any.  Here is a snippet of the current
file:

        # TYPE  DATABASE        USER            ADDRESS                 METHOD

        local   all             all                                     trust

I've tried single and multiple tabs or a single space between columns.  It doesn't make any difference.  It always
complainsabout the 3rd column.  Whatever is in that column is the 'near token' value.  I know zero entries in the
pg_hba.confvalid, but I was just trying to see if the real error was upstream of this file.
     As far as I know, I've got a 'stock' build of PostgreSQL.  I just double checked the yum configuration and it
pulledPostgreSQL from:

        https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/11/redhat/rhel-$releasever-$basearch

I wish I had kept the original postgresql.conf file for comparison.  It is primarily the original file with all the
defaultvalues uncommented.  I like making sure I know what all the settings are and if it is supposed to be a default
value,I'd like to make sure it is.  The pg_hba.conf file listed in postgresql.conf is one of the few things I didn't
touchat all.

        #hba_file = 'ConfigDir/pg_hba.conf'     # host-based authentication file
                                        # (change requires restart)

     I suppose if I had to, I could wipe the PostgreSQL stuff clean and start over from scratch.  This is a brand new
install. I can keep backups of the these 2 files I changed for comparison after the reinstall.  Thanks for responding
soquickly.

Brent L. Bates - UNIX System Administrator - Langley Federal Credit Union
Phone: (757) 848-5443, Mobile: (757) 419-0295

COMMUNICATION CONFIDENTIALITY: All information in this communication, including attachments, is strictly confidential
andintended solely for delivery to and authorized use by the addressee(s) identified above, and may contain privileged,
confidential,proprietary and/or secret information entitled to protection and/or exempt from disclosure under
applicablelaw. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy or delete this communication and any/all attached
documentsas the possession, distribution and/or copying of this communication is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If
youhave received this communication in error, please remove it in its entirety from your computer and notify the
sender.