Re: [HACKERS] Supporting Windows SChannel as OpenSSL replacement

От Satyanarayana Narlapuram
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Supporting Windows SChannel as OpenSSL replacement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom, Robert, Microsoft is interested in supporting windows SChannel for Postgres. Please let know how we can help
takingthis forward. We would love contributing to this either by enhancing the original patch provided by Heikki, or
testthe changes on Windows.

Thanks,
Satya

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Tom Lane
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 11:51 AM
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>
Cc: hlinnaka <hlinnaka@iki.fi>; Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>; Andreas Karlsson <andreas@proxel.se>; Martijn van
Oosterhout<kleptog@svana.org>; Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>; PostgreSQL-development
<pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Supporting Windows SChannel as OpenSSL replacement

> Heikki, do you have any plans to work more on this?
> Or does anyone else?

FWIW, I have some interest in the Apple Secure Transport patch that is in the CF queue, and will probably pick that up
atsome point if no one beats me to it (but it's not real high on my to-do list).
I won't be touching the Windows version though.  I suspect that the folk who might be competent to review the Windows
codemay have correspondingly little interest in the macOS patch.  This is a bit of a problem, since it would be good
forsomeone to look at both of them, with an eye to whether there are any places in our SSL abstraction API that ought
tobe rethought now that we have actual non-OpenSSL implementations to compare to.

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.postgresql.org%2Fmailpref%2Fpgsql-hackers&data=02%7C01%7CSatyanarayana.Narlapuram%40microsoft.com%7C99f781c4865e46f8e69408d5165965f0%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C636439495588088189&sdata=4I%2FYNAtDb63%2BGbSIgh6XVmfKZlbq1YewZ2mkAJkQVKE%3D&reserved=0