Re: restore a pg_dumpall only breaks

От Marc Fromm
Тема Re: restore a pg_dumpall only breaks
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> A dump from 9.2 is no sure thing to restore into an 8.1 database; there may be SQL syntax in it that 8.1 doesn't
understand. Have you checked for errors during the restore?

After the last successful database restore from the pg_dumpall file this is displayed on the ssh session.

psql:pg_dbs.bkp:1029100: \connect: invalid connection option "-reuse-previous"

In the pg_dumpall file the \connect statement is different than the databases the fully restore

\connect -reuse-previous=on "dbname='sfr2002-2003'"

Successful restores only have \connect name_of_database. Not sure why the above one has the dbname in quotes.

Where else can I check for errors?

Thanks