Re: Clean up find_typedefs and add support for Mac

От Tristan Partin
Тема Re: Clean up find_typedefs and add support for Mac
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri Dec 15, 2023 at 10:06 AM CST, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Here's more or less what I had in mind.
>
> Do we really need the dependency on an install tree?
> Can't we just find the executables (or .o files for Darwin)
> in the build tree?  Seems like that would simplify usage,
> and reduce the possibility for version-skew errors.

Seems like you would be forcing an extension author to keep a Postgres
source tree around if you went this route. Perhaps supporting either the
build tree or an install tree would get you the best of both worlds.

--
Tristan Partin
Neon (https://neon.tech)