Re: Cirrus-ci is lowering free CI cycles - what to do with cfbot, etc?

От Tristan Partin
Тема Re: Cirrus-ci is lowering free CI cycles - what to do with cfbot, etc?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon Aug 7, 2023 at 9:15 PM CDT, Andres Freund wrote:
> FWIW: with the patches applied, the "credit costs" in cirrus CI are roughly
> like the following (depends on caching etc):
>
> task costs in credits
>     linux-sanity: 0.01
>     linux-compiler-warnings: 0.05
>     linux-meson: 0.07
>     freebsd   : 0.08
>     linux-autoconf: 0.09
>     windows   : 0.18
>     macos     : 0.28
> total task runtime is 40.8
> cost in credits is 0.76, monthly credits of 50 allow approx 66.10 runs/month

I am not in the loop on the autotools vs meson stuff. How much longer do
we anticipate keeping autotools around? Seems like it could be a good
opportunity to reduce some CI usage if autotools were finally dropped,
but I know there are still outstanding tasks to complete.

Back of the napkin math says autotools is about 12% of the credit cost,
though I haven't looked to see if linux-meson and linux-autotools are
1:1.

--
Tristan Partin
Neon (https://neon.tech)