RE: How can i be certain autovacuum is causing reuse if table still grows

От Sidney Aloisio Ferreira Pryor
Тема RE: How can i be certain autovacuum is causing reuse if table still grows
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thank you for the explanation Keith.

Pgstattuple runs for 8 hours approximately before printing its result.
and pg_freespace runs for "only" 16 minutes so we presumed really that pgstattuple scans the relation and brings more accurate information.

The strange fact is that pg_freespace result is changing from day to day, even without vacuum or analyze finishing.
At day one we start monitoring it was saying it has 108GB and kept changing each day.
And the worse fact is the different values for free space: pgstattupple with 2.3TB free VS pg_freespace with 96GB.

But i just killed autovacuum and started a manual vacuum verbose.
and 20 seconds later a autovacuum started.
it seems they are both running together.

Both sessions gets row exclusive locks.
I think it is better disabling autovacuum, do you agree?