RE: How can i be certain autovacuum is causing reuse if table still grows

От Sidney Aloisio Ferreira Pryor
Тема RE: How can i be certain autovacuum is causing reuse if table still grows
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thank you for the explanation Keith.
We will really improve our minor release update policy.
We have few but important postgres database here.

I guess an outage would really be better.
Index bloat is shorter than table bloat but it is present too.

So far manual vacuum 3 of 8 indexes.
An alter table to disable autovacuum and an autovacuum are both waiting for manual vacuum verbose.

flip=# SELECT   pid,
flip-#          Age(query_start, Clock_timestamp()),
flip-#          usename,
flip-#          query,
flip-#          state,
flip-#          wait_event
flip-# FROM     pg_stat_activity
flip-# WHERE    query != '<IDLE>'
flip-# AND      query ilike '%vacuum%'
flip-# ORDER BY query_start ASC;
  pid  |       age        | usename  |                                    query                                     | state  | wait_event
 25849 | -01:59:22.309787 | postgres | vacuum verbose flip_pagina_edicao;                                           | active |
 22317 | -00:55:09.848074 | postgres | ALTER TABLE flip_pagina_edicao SET (autovacuum_enabled = false);             | active | relation
 27718 | -00:53:00.368776 | postgres | autovacuum: VACUUM ANALYZE public.flip_pagina_edicao (to prevent wraparound) | active | relation

I am truly optimist it will solve.
So far no user session is locked or waiting.